I get to race a nice bike at cool places thanks to these guys:


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back to Business

I'm mostly healed up, which is great news! I can get back to training hard for the Nature Valley Grand Prix! Not riding for a week left me in a little bit of a rut, but I stayed patient and thought of the layoff as not a setback, but rather a forced break to get me ready for some real crank-twisting over the next few weeks. Full disclosure: I searched out GPS files of the race courses to see exactly what I'm up against. That little bit of recon along with some wise pointers from past Nature Valley Pro Ride qualifier Tim Rugg has me feeling confident that I'm on the right track. This evening, I'm kicking off this next training block with a local 'Wednesday Night Worlds' event that we are lucky to have near D.C. The Route 1 Velo Club puts on a sanctioned training race at Greenbelt park, which is a cheap, fast, and fun way to get in a hard ride on a Wednesday night. Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment