I get to race a nice bike at cool places thanks to these guys:


Monday, August 19, 2013

Update to Stages Post

HEY YOU GUUYYYSSSSSS

I messed up on the last post.  I didn't crop the power files correctly to compare my average power.

Here are some pictures to compare:

Powertap!

Stages!

Yeah, these are EERILY similar.  As I'm posting this, I'm going back into WKO+ to make sure that they are, in fact, from different devices.  The full files are different (Stages drops power data at under 30 rpm...when I crossed the line and ultra-soft pedaled around after the finish), but I wanted to show the interwebs just how close the Stages compares to a known high-standard power meter (honestly, I think of Powertap as a secondary Gold Standard, similar to SRM) at the expense of giving away my super-secret power numbers.

After cropping both files more carefully (one of them left out some of the starting lunge), the averages are: 303 and 303.  I don't think there is anything more I need to write (except can we have an Android App to upgrade the firmware?)

No comments:

Post a Comment